A FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP ON WORLD'S MOST BEAUTIFUL COASTLINE
National geographic called Big Sur the greatest union of land and sea on Earth. It is counted amongst 10 most beautiful drives in the world and has also been called the "longest and most scenic stretch of undeveloped coastline in the contiguous United States".
Rugged coastline, plunging cliffs, amazing rock formations and a restless sea present numerous photography opportunities. Our workshop will be based out of Montrey and we shall be covering spots south and North of it.
1. Mcway falls
2. Keyhole rock
3. 17 mile drive
4. Lone cypress
5. Bixby bridge
6. Ragged Point
7. Davenport Pier
8. Natural bridges State Park
The itinerary will be decided there and then depending on weather conditions.
You must be able to hike upto 1/2 a mile with your camera gear (Please bring a backpack).
What to bring along:
1. DSLR/Mirrorless camera (with option of manual adjustments for ISO, Aperture, Duration and focus)
2. Lenses - Wide angle and standard lenses (14mm and upwards) are preferred.
4. Filters - Polarizers, Neutral density and Graduated filters (whatever you have).
5. Memory cards & spare batteries
6. Lens cleaning cloth (A must)
7. Remote shutter release (I prefer a wired one)
8. Charged laptop (with lightroom) for post processing
9. Memory card reader or a USB wire to connect with your camera.
10. A note book and pen to make notes.
11. Torch and headlamp (with beam control and red light option)
This is a suggested list of items (not all are mandatory), kindly bring along whatever you can arrange from this list and other items that you may consider important in addition to these.
This workshop is suitable for all levels of photographers.
We will be learning various photography techniques for landscape photography.
We will also be learning post processing techniques.
Lodging is not included but it is suggested to stay at a common location for easy travelling. The lodging details will be mailed out to confirmed participants.
What’s Not Included?
Transportation to and fro, Park entrance fee (if any). Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance (required). Trip and cancellation insurance (optional). Items of a personal nature. Anything not specifically listed as included.
Your deposit of $300 is due at sign up and will hold your space in the workshop. The balance $675 is due by September 1, 2019. All of our standard terms and conditions apply.