A FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
Death Valley National Park is a Photographers Mecca. You'll not find such diverse landscape in close proximty anywhere else. From sand dunes to salt flats, badlands to mud cracks, colored mountains to alien landscapes there are endless photography opportunities. You are only limited by your imagination.
Due to its unusually dry weather conditions, cold winters and extremely hot summers, the park goes through a number of transformations throughout the year. It is one of those rare places on this planet that does not cease to amaze every time you visit it.
Death Valley is an excellent place for creative fine art photography.
We will cover the following main locations:
1. Mesquite sand dunes
2. Badwater basin
3. Mud cracks
4. Artist's palette
5. Twenty Mule Canyon
6. Cotton ball basin
7. Zabriske point
The itinerary will be decided there and then depending on weather conditions.
You must be able to hike for 1-2 miles with your camera gear (Please bring a backpack).
What to bring along:
1. DSLR/Mirrorless camera (with option of manual adjustments for ISO, Aperture, Duration and focus)
2. Lenses - Wide angle and standard lenses (14mm and upwards) are preferred.
4. Filters - Polarizers, Neutral density and Graduated filters (whatever you have).
5. Memory cards & spare batteries
6. Lens cleaning cloth (A must)
7. Remote shutter release (I prefer a wired one)
8. Charged laptop (with lightroom) for post processing
9. Memory card reader or a USB wire to connect with your camera.
10. A note book and pen to make notes.
11. Sleeping bags/blankets etc
12. Torch and headlamp (with beam control and red light option)
This is a suggested list of items (not all are mandatory), kindly bring along whatever you can arrange from this list and other items that you may consider important in addition to these.
1. Learn how to compose like a pro.
2. Learn how to tell a story through your pictures.
3. Learn advanced photography techniques.
4. Learn how to make the best use of available light.
5. Learn post processing techniques.
This workshop is suitable for all levels of photographers.
Lodging at funace creek campground is included. There will be provisions for light meals/snacks/tea & coffee (self prep/self serve basis). There are a few eating options at Furnace creek and stovepipe wells.
What’s Not Included?
Transportation to and fro, Part entrance fee. Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance (required). Trip and cancellation insurance (optional). Personal sleeping bag. Items of a personal nature. Anything not specifically listed as included.
Your deposit of $300 is due at sign up and will hold your space in the workshop. The balance $675 (balance workshop charges and camp lodging and meals) is due before Oct 1, 2019. All of our standard terms and conditions apply.
Please note: There are lodging and meal options available in death valley. In case you want you can make your own arrangements.