A FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
Yosemite National Park is reminiscent of names like John Muir and Ansel Adams. It is an icon of American Mountain Scenery and one of the world’s first National Parks.
The place becomes a wonderland in winter. Everything turns white and the landscape presents numerous opportunities for artistic photography. The workshop is scheduled at the specific time of the year when firefalls occur. The horsetail fall to the right of El capitan at the time of sunset seems as if fire is falling down the cliff. (Please note: sometimes weather conditions don't let this phenomenon occur).
Sheer granite cliffs, Some of highest waterfalls, tranquil merced river all come together to make America's most beautful landscape and presents numerous photography opportunities. We recommend staying within the valley at Yosemite Lodge as it is conveniently close to the main locations.
1. Yosemite falls
2. Bridelveil falls
3. Tunnel view
4. Valley view
5. El Capitan
6. Half Dome
Plus numeours other spots
The itinerary will be decided there and then depending on weather conditions.
You must be able to hike upto 1/2 a mile with your camera gear (Please bring a backpack).
What to bring along:
1. DSLR/Mirrorless camera (with option of manual adjustments for ISO, Aperture, Duration and focus)
2. Lenses - Wide angle and standard lenses (14mm and upwards) are preferred.
4. Filters - Polarizers, Neutral density and Graduated filters (whatever you have).
5. Memory cards & spare batteries
6. Lens cleaning cloth (A must)
7. Remote shutter release (I prefer a wired one)
8. Charged laptop (with lightroom) for post processing
9. Memory card reader or a USB wire to connect with your camera.
10. A note book and pen to make notes.
11. Torch and headlamp (with beam control and red light option)
This is a suggested list of items (not all are mandatory), kindly bring along whatever you can arrange from this list and other items that you may consider important in addition to these.
This workshop is suitable for all levels of photographers.
We will be learning various photography techniques for landscape photography.
We will also be learning post processing techniques.
Lodging is not included but it is suggested to stay at The Yosemite Lodge in valley for easy commuting. There are numerous other lodging options available within and outside the National Park.
What’s Not Included?
Transportation to and fro, Park entrance fee. Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance (required). Trip and cancellation insurance (optional). Items of a personal nature. Anything not specifically listed as included.
Your deposit of $300 is due at sign up and will hold your space in the workshop. The balance $675 is due by November 1, 2019. All of our standard terms and conditions apply.